Friday, December 02, 2005

Happy Holidays



We had a great Thanksgiving. Mason got to see all of his grandparents. I think he really wanted to eat some of the Thanksgiving meals, but we didn't let him have anything. We're trying to wait until he is at least 6 months old to start any solids, as that is what is recommended now. I have noticed that Mason now stares at me when I'm eating. It is like he is very interested in figuring out what I'm doing. It is so hard to wait to give him solids because I think it will be fun to see him eating it. Plus, you would think that he is getting tired of eating only milk. I'm sure it will only be fun the first couple of times though, and then it will probably just be messy.


Mason rolled over from tummy to back over Thanksgiving weekend too. This was the first time he had done this, and he did it about 20 times in 10 minutes. My mom and I were both watching him. He was really excited about it. Then, I got Efe to come and watch, and he wouldn't do it again. He hasn't done it since. He has also been rolling from his back to his side for a few weeks, but not all the way over yet.

Mason got some Christmas presents early from Grandpa and Grandma Keen. He loves the new toys! He got the Fisher Price Ocean Aquarium, which is basically a toy that lights up and plays music while little fish swim around. He really likes that one. He also got a piano that you can kick with your feet, or play it sitting up. When you play it, it plays notes and lights up letters. He likes this one a lot too, but I normally have to push the keys for him if he is sitting up.

I got a new phone a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would be cool because it has a camcorder on it to take short videos. However, it also has a blinking red light on the front when you are recording. Mason likes anything that lights up. So, whenever I try to record him, he stops what he is doing, his eyes get really big, and he just stares at the light.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

It sounds as though Mason is going to get lots of goodies for Christmas. Ask you doctor about starting cereal. He is old enough now and it gives him practice for jar food. Alexis just eats it at night now but we will feed it to her morning and night starting Christmas break.