I took Mason to see the gastro doctor today. He said that there are a lot of things that can be causing the symptoms that Mason is having at night. Unfortunately, because there are so many, it is hard to tell what is wrong without having some testing done. The doctor has ordered that we have a scope done on Mason's esophageas. This will help us to see what is going on down there. He is also going to take some biopsies to test for inflammation and other things.
Mason will have to be put under for this testing, so we are pretty nervous about that. It is quite scary to have him go through this, but this is the only way that we can figure out what is going on so that mommy and Mason can get some sleep at night. We are also going to draw some blood to do some allergy testing while he is under. The doctor said that the blood test is much more sensitive than the skin test (which Mason has already had).
We were supposed to go in tomorrow for the testing, but they called me back and said that our insurance doesn't cover the place we were being sent. So, we are going to have to do the testing at St Vincent hospital. This means that we may have to wait several weeks before we can do it. I'm hoping we can get in sooner than that, but we'll see...
The doctor also said that sometimes they go through this testing and find nothing, so then they have to do more and more testing. I hope that they are able to find something if we have to put him through this.
2 comments:
Poor guy. I hope they figure out what's going on in his little body. Keep me informed.-Maro
Hey Crystal, Keep us updated. I hope Mason feels better soon. Call me when you have a chance.
Post a Comment