Sunday, October 22, 2006

15 Months - Golfing

Mason got a new golf set from his grandma and he loves playing with it. If we try to put it up, he screams. He is 15 months old now, and learning new things every day. I am always amazed at how he picks things up.

He can say several words now. His favorites are hi, uh oh, bye bye, dodi (doggie), ba (ball), and baby. He is also saying "mine", which we did NOT teach him. He picks up a lot from the kids at day care. He says "hi daddy", "bye bye daddy" and "night night daddy", but he will not say these phrases with mommy. Maybe in a few more months.

I also find it neat that he is able to generalize things now. For example, a few weeks ago, we were walking down the street and Mason saw a dog, and pointed and said "dodi". I just think it is cool that he is able to know that it is a dog even though it doesn't look anything like his doggie. Also, he calls everything that is round a ball. He will pick up hickory nuts from the ground and say ball and throw them.

Mason is now able to go get things that we ask for. I can tell him to go get his lion or his ball or other specific objects and he will go get them. Also, he brought me his sheep the other day and I asked him what a sheep says and he said "baaaaaaaa".

If he is playing with something that he really likes, I say "Let mommy see it", and hold out my hand. He will start taking steps backwards! It is hilarious. It looks like he is trying to be really sneaky so that I don't notice him moving. He just slowly inches away from me.

Mason still loves talking on the phone. He grabs our phone and says "hiiiieeeee!!!" It is very funny. He also loves having his feet massaged. At night, he will grab my hand and put it on his foot until I massage his foot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew Mason would enjoy the golf set, soon he will be golfing with his Grandma Dickerhoof. Probably the next Tiger Woods......

Kristen said...

Too cute. He is getting so big.