Friday, September 21, 2007

Day Care Doing Something

Well, I guess the day care actually IS teaching Mason something. Yesterday, Mason was counting. When he was done, I said "Mason, can you count in Spanish?" His response...

"Uno, dos, tres, quatro, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, ocho" - That's pretty dang close! I really had no idea he could do this. I only asked him, expecting that I would have to count for him while he said it after me.

So, either the day care is actually doing their job, or he is watching a little too much "Go Diego Go" ;)

Mason now will want to oppose whatever I say. Here is an example...

Me: "You are goofy"
Mason: "No, Mommy! I not doofy, you doofy!"
Me: "OK, I am goofy"
Mason: "No, Mommy! You not doofy, Mason doofy!"
Me: "Me too."
Mason: "No, Mommy! Mason me too!" (This one is funniest because it doesn't really makes sense, but he just knows that whatever I am, he must oppose and then say he is)

1 comment:

Grandma D said...

Of course Mason knows spanish, he is my little genius of a grandson!!