Saturday, October 20, 2007

Proud Moments

The other day, we were playing at Chic-Fil-a. There was a little girl there and she kept looking at Mason's toy elephant that he had. He said "Wanna see it?" and handed it to her. Of course, this doesn't happen often, but I was still proud of him. He only let her hold it for a few seconds and then wanted it back, but it's a start.

Then, as we were walking out, this teeny little guy came walking up. He was about 10-12 months and you could tell he hadn't been walking long. Mason ran towards him with his arms out and I thought he was going to push him. So, I started running to grab Mason. Then, Mason gave the little boy a big hug. He said "Look! It's a baby. Mason hugged the baby."

Today we went to Starbucks and I was drinking my coffee, and Mason was drinking his juice. He sat still in his own chair and was so good. There was another little girl about the same age and she was running around crazy while her parents kept yelling at her. I know that a lot of it has to do with Mason's personality, but I was still proud that he was so good while I had my coffee break.

On another note, a great proud moment... The other day, Mason's nose was a little runny and we were in the grocery store with no tissues. So, I took the inside of his shirt and wiped his nose with it. Just now, I was laying Mason down for a nap. He had a runny nose, so I used a Kleenex to clean his nose. He said "No, Mommy! Use the shirt to clean it." I guess I'm going to have to start setting a better example :)

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Ahhhh.... how cute to hear that! You have to feel like such a proud mommy to see your little guy do those things!