We went downtown to dinner last night at an Indian restaurant. It was pretty good. Definitely different than the Indian food at home. It was very sweet, and Efe almost had to threaten them the last time he went there to make it spicy. This time they knew he meant business and they made it (a little) spicy. The Dutchies do not like spice AT ALL. I'm sure Mason likes it that way though.
Dinner takes forever, which is a little hard to get used to. When they go to dinner here, they expect it to take about 2 hours. It takes forever before they get your order, then forever to get the food, then forever to get a refill (you have to stop them and ask because they won't even come to your table), then forever to get the check.
Efe told me he was complaining about the service to a local that he works with. The guy had been to the US and he said "That is not service, I don't want the waiter coming to my table constantly hounding me, I want to relax." It is funny how the perspectives are soooo different.
They think that Americans are too rushed. Maybe I will feel the same way when we get back :)
No comments:
Post a Comment