Thursday, November 20, 2008

Making Friends

Mason and I went downtown to meet some new people, as part of the American Women's Club of Amsterdam (AWCA). We went to Cafe Americain, which was supposed to be an American restaraunt, but I'm not sure why. None of the food really seemed American to me, except they did have "American Hamburgers".

Outside of the cafe, there was a fountain with green water, which Mason thought was about the coolest thing he had ever seen.

I met about 10 other women that came to the "new-comers lunch". I'm not sure how many women there are in the club total, but I'm guessing several hundred. They have smaller group meetings that any member can go to. We are planning to start going to weekly play dates through the club, but they also have excursions, book clubs, game clubs, etc.

And Mason made a new friend there, Gabrielle. She was about a year older than him. She was "teaching Mason to read".
Mason just adored her. They actually posed and asked me to take out my camera to take a picture. Too cute!

No comments: