Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving?

I have to say that yesterday, Thanksgiving Day, was rather bizarre to me here. Nobody talks about it. I couldn't find any Thanksgiving specific things at the grocery, nor in the mall. Efe had to work a full day. It is just totally different than at home when every single person is home and celebrating.

Tomorrow I will attempt to cook a mini-Thanksgiving meal. So far, every single item that I am making is missing one ingredient because I can't find it here. Oh well. Hopefully it will still be good. Have you ever used a real vanilla bean to cook instead of vanilla extract? I guess I have no choice, so we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the cooking. Let us know how it turns out. I am sure it will be good either way. A new culture will take some time to adjust to.