Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Belgium

We had a great time in Belgium. We drove there, and it took just a couple of hours. Our first stop was Bruges. It was amazing and we loved it. It is a small town, and very beautiful. There were many canals, and tons of tiny streets that only one car could drive down.


We walked to the city center to see the Christmas market. I wish I had a tripod so I could have captured how pretty it was. It was all lit up, and had an ice skating rink set in the middle.
We visited an aquarium while we were there as well. We stayed in Bruges for 2 nights, and then drove to Brussels for one night. We loved Bruges, but Brussels was suprisingly disappointing. We visited the Beersel Castle first. It was pretty awesome.
On our way back to the hotel, we entered the city and got about 1 mile from our hotel and got stuck in traffic. This was the beginning of our bad luck. It took us 1.5 hours to get to the hotel. After that, we decided we would not drive again. So, we walked out to find a place to eat dinner.

Hmmmm... for some reason, the ATM's run out of money on the weekends. That's just great. We finally found a place to eat that we could pay with a credit card. During dinner, Mason spilled his water on Efe's lap. The next morning, we realized Efe was missing his cell phone. We went back to the restaraunt, but it was no longer there.

Next, we walked almost a mile to visit a very famous tourist attraction, called the "Manneken Pis". The name is Dutch for "little pee man". At the hotel, I wanted to ask how to get there, and I wasn't sure how to pronounce it. So, I asked how to get to the "manneken". The concierge, says "You mean the Manneken Pis?", prounouncing it as "piss". Awesome.
So, we decided the best part about Brussels was the waffles. The waffles in Belgium are to.die.for. Click the link on the right side bar to view our entire album.

No comments: