The temperature here right now is fairly cold, but much warmer than what I'm used to in Indiana. Apparently, we are having one of the coldest winters that they have had in years and years here. It still is not as cold as what I'm used to though. Most days, the tempurature is high 30's to low 40's. Definitely warm enough to go out and walk around, but you aren't going to want to sit out and have a picnic (which Mason asked if we could do yesterday). It doesn't snow often, and when it does it is normally melted instantly on the ground. I am very happy for that because riding a bike in the snow is not fun at all. The locals here do not blink an eye over riding their bike miles in the cold. They just do it. I saw 3 people lugging a big screen television (in box) home on a bike one day!
This is one thing I find very peculiar, coming from a very cold state. There are flowers blooming in the winter. I have seen quite a few flowers. I took this picture yesterday, and you can see they are blooming, even though it is cold enough for a thin layer of ice to have formed over the canals.
No comments:
Post a Comment