Monday, February 02, 2009

Trip outside the city

We went to visit the Muiden Castle this past Sunday. It was built in 1370. I find it so different that there are structures this old here. Last week, I went over to another expat's apartment. It is in the middle of the city, and was built 400 years ago. In the US, your house is old if it was built in 1930. Crazy. Anyway, enough rambling and on to the pictures.


They had a few activities for kids. One included this interactive game where the kids rode on this "horse" and tried to spear each other. Awesome.
My favorite part was walking on 700 year old stairs that were wobbly and looked like a broken neck waiting to happen.

Click here to view all of our photos.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Awesome pictures and experience. I'm very jealous!

Amy Stempkowski said...

You must be so bored there.....