Monday, February 23, 2009

Walking, walking, and more walking

We started our day yesterday with a trip to the infamous red light district. The windows were full of almost nude women waving at passers-by. Not as exciting as I was expecting, but it was early afternoon, so I'm guessing it is a little more lively at night. They don't allow you to take pictures of the girls. The pimps are known to come out and smash your camera, or throw a bucket of water on you. So, no pics of the ladies. However, there were lots of places to buy marijuana seeds, so we snapped some pics.
We next ventured to The Dam, where my mom drug me into 30 million tourist shops. I was begging someone to shoot me in the head, but I don't think people carry guns here.
We then wandered over to the famous Anne Frank house. It was incredible to see. I felt like I had a tear in my eye the whole time though. They didn't allow pictures inside the house, unfortunately.
Sitting just outside the Anne Frank house.
We then walked to another tourist trap street, and on to central station for our ride home on the metro. Today we are going on a boat cruise of the canals. It is very tiring being a tourist.

No comments: