Friday, April 08, 2005

23 Week Doctor Visit

We had a doctor visit this week. The doctor says that the heartbeat sounds good, and I appear to be growing at a healthy rate. So, he is healthy so far.

The doctor did tell me that I need to eat more protein to ensure good brain development of the baby. So, I will be adjusting my diet to make sure that I'm getting enough. The doc suggested that I drink a protein shake. I told him that I don't think I can drink anything that tastes gross right now, or it will make me sick. He said that it doesn't have to taste gross, and that I can put bananas in it or chocolate syrup. That doesn't sound so bad! Hopefully it doesn't taste too good. Otherwise, I will probably drink 5 per day and gain too much weight! I wonder if I can mix it with a Dairy Queen blizzard?

I have had a hard time resisting my cravings lately. I've been trying really hard to eat healthy, but it is hard. I really just want to eat sour candy for some reason. Also, I want to eat ice cream (however, I craved this when I wasn't pregnant so I'm not sure I'm allowed to use this as an excuse). This morning, I actually was craving chicken liver. Yummy... it still sounds good.

No comments: