I had my 27 week checkup today. The doctor listened to the baby's heartbeat and measured my belly. He said that it looks like the baby is growing a lot, and everything looks good. I have been noticing that my uterus is tightening up for a couple of seconds, then relaxing. I told him about this, and he said that it could be contractions. He didn't seem too worried about it though. He said that you can have contractions in the second half of your pregnancy as your body starts getting ready for labor. He told me that if they happen again, I should time them and let him know how often they are happening.
They also tested me for gestational diabetes. I had to drink this gross orange drink. Then, I waited an hour and they drew my blood. They will test it to make sure everything is alright.
The books say that the baby is about 2lbs this week. He can open and close his eyes now. He also may suck his fingers in preparation for feeding. He may also start hiccuping, but I haven't noticed this yet. I'm not really sure if I would recognize the feeling though, so we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment