Well, I went in to the doctor today after a couple of days of bedrest. Unfortunately, my blood pressure was very much higher. The doctor gave me two options...
Option #1 - Go to the hospital NOW and have them monitor my blood pressure, and they would probably end up inducing me tonight.
Option #2 - Go home and rest. If I feel any worse, I have to call right away. I will go in for another doctor's appointment on Monday or Tuesday and see how I'm doing. She said that it doesn't make sense to let me go past 38 weeks though. But, she said it would be best if I can make it until then to give the baby a little more time.
So, I chose option #2, as I was totally freaked out about the thought of having the baby tonight. She isn't going to let me go much longer though, so it looks like if I can make it until next week they will induce me then. Hopefully I will be able to make it until then. The doctor also said that I am already 2 cm dialated, which is favorable for an induction. So, I guess it could be possible that I will go into labor on my own before then, which would be preferred.
I am nervous about being induced because in our lamaze class they told us that this is much more painful than going into labor on your own. I guess because the contractions are so much stronger. I guess I might not have a choice. I will update soon. Wish me lots of contraction vibes!
No comments:
Post a Comment