A few nights ago, I laid Mason down for the night. When I went to check on him an hour later, he was asleep with his bare bottom in the air! I freaked, but then I realized that he hadn't peed, so it was no big deal. I just put his diaper back on.
The next night, I told Efe to make sure to snap his onsie since he now likes to take his diaper off. Well, Mason unsnapped the onsie in the middle of the night and took his diaper off! He woke me up crying and he was laying in a puddle.
Today I laid him down for a nap. He was up there for almost 3 hours and would not go to sleep. He finally managed to pull his diaper off and pee on the bed. So, I had to go up and get him and give him a bath because he had pee all over him.
I am going to have to find a way to glue that diaper on! I'm not sure what I'm going to do right now. He is so far away from being potty trained. He will sit on the potty, but he will not pee on it. He sat on the potty for 50 minutes straight yesterday and still did not pee. I have let him run around without his diaper on the hardwood floors to see if he would start to realize how it felt when he peed. But, he just pees and doesn't even realize it!
So, for now I guess I'm just going to have to figure out a way to make sure he can't get his diaper off, and maybe we will try potty training again in a few months.
1 comment:
Well, I am glad I didn't have that with Alexis. :) She went through a thing where she wanted her diaper off. I told her it was diaper or the potty. She chose diaper and I haven't had a problem since. If it starts again, she knows the diapers are gone.
Post a Comment