Friday, December 21, 2007

No Fun

Mason and I have both been suffering from "a cold" for a few days.

Mason's day care called me around 4pm yesterday because he had thrown up 5 times. When I got him home, he seemed fine, and Efe and I were wondering if he might have just eaten something he was sensitive to. I couldn't take him to day care today because their rule is if you throw up 3 or more times, you can't come back for 24 hours.

So, he seemed to be fine last night, and I was thinking we would have fun today playing. Boy was I wrong! Mason has had horrible diarrhea all day, starting first thing in the morning. I have changed over 20 poopy diapers, easily. He is acting ok, just a little clingy and tired.

So, I put him down for his nap. He said his belly hurt, and it took him about an hour to fall asleep. He finally did, and I was glad he was going to get some rest. He woke up 20 minutes later with a poopy diaper :( So, I decided to give him a bath and get him cleaned up. I put him in the tub. He was playing and having fun. About 10 minutes after getting in the tub, he vomitted a ton. I stood him up in the tub to rinse him off, and he vomitted again.

I took him out of the tub, drained the water, and cleaned out the tub. He was crying the whole time because he wanted to take a bath. So, after the tub was clean, I ran him some more bath water and put him in. He was in there for about 10 minutes again, and he says "Oh noooo!!! I poopied!". Ugh. I drained and cleaned the tub and washed Mason up again. We did not try another bath.

Well, it seems like I am starting to get the "digestive issues" now. Booooooooooo. I feel queasy too. I'm just hoping this doesn't last long and ruin the holiday.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

... I had a touch of that earlier this week. I've heard there is a bug going around. Mine lasted about 24-36 hours, so I hope yours is the same thing and won't linger into the holidays.

As for Mason... I hope gets to enjoy his next bath.